Thursday, August 17, 2006

End of contract plans

So, my contract is up here November 2. That's still 2 and a half months away, but I need to start planning for the trip I'm taking after I'm finished here. My beloved cousin Heidi is flying to Seoul when I'm finished and we're going to travel to China and either Vietnam (south this time) or the Philippines for 2-3 weeks. I want to be home in time for Thanksgiving. This is a call for all information you have regarding the aforementioned countries. Any must-see places? Of course the Great Wall is in our plans but we want a well-rounded trip with both historical/sight-seeing and laying on a beach (lord knows I need it after working with these kids everyday). More traveling, yippeeeeee!
I also have a 6 day break coming up in October....I really want to use it to go somewhere but it's the most expensive time to travel from Korea, as ALL Koreans have this time off....it seems like such a waste to NOT use it to go somewhere. All right people, I admit I have an addiction.

Any tips (other than Travelholics Anonymous) would be great.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suggest the Philippines. And while you're there, be sure to say hello to my people. I would recommend visiting Angeles City (my birth place), but I believe it was buried in an unfortunate volcanic eruption. In any event, I would avoid eating meat while over there. I've heard dogs are pretty popular ... just not as pets. Oh! And I happen to know a couple of Filipino swear words, handed down by my parents. I'd be happy to share.

11:13 PM  
Blogger Derek said...

I wish I could help, but I barely get farther away than Chicago anymore. :(

6:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home