Thursday, June 07, 2007

Tennis anyone?



For all of you who've known me for awhile, you may remember that I really like tennis. I used to play on the team in high school (when they'd let me...I wasn't so good). But anyway, I've been wanting to get back into a racket/racquet sport, so after a long search for racquetball courts (it costs like $65 a month), Geoff and I decided to buy tennis rackets so we could play outside at assumedly free courts. The courts at my school are free; however, they are also crumbling and cracked (don't think tennis is too trendy here).

We found some that were halfway between our apartments that were really nice, so we attempted to play there. Some dude was yelling at us and waving his arms in Korean, but that happens enough here for no reason so we just resumed play. Well, he didn't stop making a fuss and since we didn't stop playing, he ran over. Evidently it's $25 AN HOUR to play at these courts, even though it's a university. I tried to pull out the "ME NO SPEAK KOREAN" card, but it didn't work. We still got kicked off.

Fitness is so expensive here! Gyms are at least $60 a month (crappy ones at that) and now they're charging to play tennis outside? Pretty soon they're going to put a toll-booth on the street for when I walk to school.

Anyway, I know it's a city of 14 million, so I guess there's got to be some regulation on public spaces...but it made me angry. I guess we'll stick to playing on the cracked courts of my university. That way I have something to blame when the ball doesn't go where I want (it hit a crack, I swear!). Anyway, here are our sweet tennis poses. Geoff is so hot that he even wears sweat bands.
If you'll notice, my cap says "ME". The back of it says "Sweet dreams are made of me". That's right. That's the kind of quality merchandise you'll find in Seoul. Top-notch.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loyal readers demand a new blog entry!!!

11:44 PM  
Blogger Triple O.G. said...

Shannon is apparently unable to keep up with everyone's demand for killer content. I recommend bookmarking this Milwaukee blog and checking it out every single day! No ladies allowed, please. 2 Dudes Ranting

4:05 AM  
Blogger Triple O.G. said...

Oh yeah...click like 10 ads while you're there.

4:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home