Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Land of Oz

So it's been awhile. I've had motivation issues. Anyway, as many of you know, I was in beautiful Australia for an entire month the end of December through the end of January. We drove from Melbourne up the east coast to Cairns. 3387 kms (2104 miles). To sum up: a country of open roads,bright blue skies, stunning beaches, marsupials, and barbies (BBQs). I'll let the pictures tell the story. You'll have to overlook a slight contradiction in the photos-- first, I'm petting a beautiful kangaroo and then I'm eating one. I'm a complicated gal.

Me and Roo (Before)
Probably a poor choice of photo order
The next logical step...kangaroo steak on the barbie. Delicious. (After)
Our Wicked campervan. Ours was "Smokin' Angels". We slept in there.
Geoff and I on the Bondi-Coogee beach walk
Saltwater pool (they call it a "rock pool"--built into the ocean) overlooking Bondi Beach, Sydney


Nivea and I at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary Brisbane. And no, I didn't eat her.

Yarra Valley Vineyards
Rolling hills of Yarra Valley (near Melbourne)
Me and 90 mile beach (it was deserted...unbelievable)
Overlooking Bondi Beach in Sydney
The infamous Sydney Opera House. View from a ferry on the way to Manly Beach.

It was an awesome trip. I'm a pretty lucky girl.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! And the scenery is nice, too. :)

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home