Saturday, November 05, 2005

Toilet seat warmers


Wednesday night I went to dinner with my Korean supervisor (Angie) and 2 foreign teachers (both from Canada). Outback steakhouse is all the rage here. Why? I have no idea. But anyway, that's where we went. I took a trip to the little girl's room, and noticed that the toilet had a control panel. There was an arm (much like a chair arm) with 8-10 buttons on it (labeled in Korean). Wow, I thought, as I began to sit down. This is high-tech. Well, the toilet seat was warm! The seat warmer was on! What a novel idea! So I get up to flush, and I can't figure it out. I lean over the "bowl" and start pushing the buttons on the "toilet arm". Well, out shoots a thin, powerful stream of water clear up to the top of the stall door. Nearly took my eye out. So I push that button again to shut it off. I try pushing another button (to flush) and another stream of water shoots up but this time in another direction. Sheesh! Turns out the flusher was where it should be, on the back of the seat. I'll never know what all those other buttons are for...but I did take a picture so I'll be sure to post in when I get my computer equipped with the internet. And BTW...the toilet was empty when I took said picture. :)
Have a great day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

<laugh>

I really need to keep up on reading this. Never mind posting on my own blog!

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, yeah ... Shannon, those streams of water shooting out from the toilet are to clean you up "down there" after you go number 2 (or have an unusually messy number one). Didn't you ever see Crocodile Dundee? Sheez!

Loved the story! Miss you SO much!

5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home