Sunday, January 15, 2006

Ah-sah!!! ("Awesome" in Korean)

Friday night, I made an appointment at a spa for a facial. I have been looking into massages or other relaxing things here, but evidently the Korean massage is not so relaxing. They pound you and pull you around, and that's not my idea of a relaxing time, so I decided to try a facial. It was recommended by my trainer at the gym. I went there Friday night after work. It was a very nice spa--soft lighting, waterfall statues in the corners, nice smelling...so I go in and the lady instructed me to strip down and put on a robe. Then I went into the room where I was to get my facial, and laid down on the table. It was heated, and it felt sooooo good. The hour-long process was wonderful, so many creams and masks were put on my face, and they all smelled so nice. They massaged my face and head a little bit too. And they played relaxing music--or at least tried to--there is a bar next door called "Sexy Bikini Bar" so while I was laying there I could here their rap music being played! It was ok, since I liked the songs that I heard. It was just funny as I was laying there being pamered, to hear Ludacris.
To top it off, the hour-long experience was only $10!!!!!!!! Back home it's at least $60/hour. So I will be sure to get many many facials while I'm here. It was fabulous!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home