Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy Birthday to all Koreans!!

Weird. So I just found out that in addition to the weird aging system that Koreans are 1 year old the day they are born (not after a full year of life), all Koreans turn a year older on January 1 of each year, NOT on their birthdays. All the kids in my kindy class today were saying "teacher, I am 6 years old now" and I'm thinking "god, all their birthdays couldn't have been over the weekend". So I asked and yep, the Korean system of aging keeps getting weirder and weirder.
So here's a thought...a kid who is born on December 30 is 2 YEARS OLD 2 DAYS AFTER S/HE IS BORN. True that. Double true.
So, even though I am 27, I am 29 Korean. Too confusing for me...

You heard it here first folks. Who knew?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home