Sunday, January 08, 2006

Vietnam


I just planned a trip to Vietnam over my Lunar New Year break. I have a 4 day weekend, so I wanted to take advantage of that time. It's at the end of January (28-31). Everyone in Asia seems to travel over that holiday, so prices are higher, but I think we found a pretty good deal. I am going with a girl Kelly from school, and her friend Jen (from another YBM school). It should be great. We are trying to take a boat trip along Ha Long Bay, which is famous for its beautiful scenery (see picture). There thousands of limestone mountains in the water. Hopefully I'll get to take pictures like that....it's sooooo beautiful.
The more I talk to people who have traveled in the Asia area, the more I hear that Vietnam is one of the favorite destinations. Everyone I talk to say how beautiful it is, and how friendly the people are!
Things seem to be insanely cheap there, from what I've seen in my research. A 2-day boat tour including meals and one night lodging is $18 US!!! Almost too good to be true!!!

If any of you have been to Vietnam or know people who have, any pointers would be appreciated!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm....maybe i'll stop for a few days in vietnam either before i see you or after i see you. you'll have to help me with the planning. that pic is unbelievable!!!! so lush.

shannon....THREE MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home