Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Sommerset Palace




For the second time since I've been here, a bunch of friends and I decided to rent a hotel room in Seoul for a night to party. (the first time was for the World Cup) It's nice because when split among 12 or more people, it only comes to about $20/head. We stayed in absolute luxury this time. It was a "residence" rather than a hotel, so people usually do long-term stays there. It had a kitchen, living room, dining room, 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. It was amazing. The best part was a rooftop garden, swimming pool and 3 jacuzzis! It was great! We got to enjoy them for awhile before it started to downpour for a few hours. We ordered in (Chinese food, which is waaaay different than American Chinese food) and by then it had stopped raining so we went up to the roof again and hung around outside (and it the pool until about 2 am). I got eaten alive by mosquitos. Little did I know that Korean mosquitos like American blood.....We went back down to our room and proceeded to play poker and another card game called "Inbetween" until dawn. I finally crashed around 6 a.m., but the guys decided to continue the game until it got ugly (over $200 in the pot!) Glad I went to sleep when I did....and of course we had the obligatory hotel pillow fight. Those crazy Koreans. Ok, so it was our idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home