Sunday, January 15, 2006

I'm a Barbie girl, in a Barbie wo-orld




I went to the Seoul Barbie exhibit with my good friend (and supervisor) Angie. She is my best friend here, and she is truly awesome. She speaks English really well, and is soooo funny and helpful and just great.
Anyway, there were over 2,000 Barbie dolls displayed. There were so many different themes, and outfits, it was amazing. Many famous designers designed outfits for Barbie (Christian Dior, Bob Mackie, Burberry, Vera Wang, Gucci, etc...) some of the dresses on the dolls were valued at over $200,000! It was amazing. There were also Barbie dolls in traditional Korean hanbok costume, Harley Davidson barbies (I was so excited about that one) and every imaginable display you can think of: Barbie at the gym, pregnant Barbie (although her body was still skinny, just big belly), wedding Barbies, Lord of the Ring Barbies, 1950's thru the year 2000 Barbies, Hollywood barbies (Audrey Hepburn, Cher, Elizabeth Taylor, etc...)and even trans-gender Barbie--(or at least that's what he/she looked like) It was truly amazing. They even had Barbies that look like real models (Giselle, Kate Moss)...I took soooo many pictures, so I will let them do the talking. Can you guess which one is transgender Barbie?? Hopefully it's not too difficult to figure out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home