Tuesday, February 07, 2006

HOW much??!!!




I'm pissed. I got my heat bill for the month of December and it was $400. WHAT?????? That can't be right. I figure it must be for 2 or 3 months. So I take it into school (our bills are in Korean, so the school takes care of them--they just tell us what we owe) and they said it was right. Well I talked to the other foreign teachers and they don't pay nearly as much in heat, so something must be wrong with mine. I live in a fricking 2 room apartment so it's not like they're heating a palace or something. They sent the heat guy out to check it and he says everything is ok.

Here's the deal---in addition to my thermostat on the wall, which I figured controlled the heat (which I turned to zero everyday before leaving the house)---evidently there is a covered HOLE IN THE WALL that I was supposed to uncover and reach into and turn off these faucet-like things everyday before going to school. WHAT???????????
#1: how the HELL was I supposed to know that?????
#2: heating my 2 ROOM house at a mere 68 degrees constantly for one month is $400????!!!!!!!
#3: what else am I doing wrong??? Am I also supposed to turn my refrigerator off during the day as to save electricity?
#4: Since I didn't get the December bill until the end of January, I did the same exact thing last month, so my January bill will be just as much, if not more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Goddammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are some pictures to let you know that I am really not a moron. My thermostat, and then the hole in the wall that I was supposed to be tampering with.....

Note to self: If I ever live in another country, please check with heating company for correct control-operation. This was an expensive mistake.

1 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

Wow, that's both funny and disturbing at the same time. It doesn't seem like there's much point to your thermostat if you still have to turn something else off.

How cold does it get there?

1:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home