Monday, April 10, 2006

Gangchon





I just had such an awesome weekend. The company I work for rocks. One of the teachers suggested we go to Gangchon for the weekend, and it morphed into this trip with 25 of us in the South Korean countryside. We rode one of the ECC school buses there, and stayed in a huge condo with a fire pit out back. We rented ATV's and were able to ride up a mountain! School paid for everything, including all of our food, drinks (and there were lots, lemme tell you), ATV's, condo, etc...each teacher only pitched in $10 for the whole weekend!!
We rode ATV's and bikes, went to a little carnival, played lots of games, drank lots, at sam gup sal (like bacon galbi), had a bonfire, lit fireworks, stayed up really late, and went sightseeing at a lake the next day. I had the best time. I just love the people who I work with. They are so funny! I also learned a lot of new korean words this weekend. Most of them are vulgar. Ahhhh, the culture....
Here are some funny pics.
I'm the one in the back of the ATV line. My great friends Geoff and Angie--don't they look badass, like Beyonce and Jay-z or somethin yo?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i gotta be honest, those elbow pads you're sporting are HOT! geoff and angie are so hardcore--i'd kill to cruise around a mountain on an atv! you've been sooooo busy. it's fantastic to see you having so much fun!

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool trip! Sounds like it was an awesome adventure.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Derek said...

Cool pictures...if I didn't know you were Korea I would swear you were up in Northern WI somewhere.

10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! People tell me that i have Beyonce's body. God..how hot I am!
^__^

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home