Sunday, June 11, 2006

The World is so small

My friend Maria just moved to London. It's amazing. We met in University and have been friends ever since. She moved to Chicago after graduation, and I'd visit her once in awhile over the past several years. When I was thinking about coming to Korea, she was dreaming about moving to England. Within the past few months, she found a job there and now she's there, living her dream. Amazing. I just called her and when I got ahold of her she was standing in front of Buckingham Palace! London is a wonderful city. I've been there once, and now I have a reason to go back (not to mention a place to stay)!

Speaking of people who live in exotic locales, my friend Geoff's sister is in Seoul right now visiting. She's a native Canadian who got a job transfer to BERMUDA. She's lived there for a year and last night we were talking about how interesting it is to live in another culture.
I think it's incredible that we have such opportunites, to travel and see the world and live in other places (especially overseas)! I am amazed on a daily basis how much I am learning and discovering. It's like the world is my classroom! Few people in this world have such opportunites, and I'm so grateful that I do and I have taken it. It's scary at first and it takes a lot of courage but now that I've done it I don't know why I hesitated for so long! I still can't believe I live in Seoul, South Korea.
Life is good. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home