Friday, April 28, 2006

Bukhan Mountain and a broken ankle



Hello!
Mom and her friend left on Saturday. All in all we had a great time! The weather was pretty crappy on some of the days, but they seemed to find positive things in all the situations. They ate a lot of Korean food (of course), observed some of my classes, went out to dinner with some of my friends, went to the DMZ, went to a nonverbal performance (Korea's answer to Stomp!). On their last day here, we decided to hike/climb the nearby Mt. Bukhan (around 1700 ft) which is in the city. That day we had perfect weather, in the 60's. I could only go a little way up with them, because I had to leave to go to work, but it was beautiful!! Waterfalls and streams and blooming flowers......ahhhh. To think, I could go there every morning before work if I wanted to!
Unfortunately, on their way down, my mom's friend Sandy spained her ankle. She was able to make it down, but it really swelled up and was black and blue later. She iced it and everything, and luckily it was their last day here so they didn't have to do much walking. She got it x-rayed when she got home and found out she broke a bone in it! Ahhh! Well Sandy, at least you have an interesting story to tell when people ask you how it happened...."I was in South Korea, climbing a mountain..."
Here are some pictures from that day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home