Thursday, October 19, 2006

The Countdown Begins! 11 teaching days left!!


To all loyal readers (or semi-loyal....all 2 of you)! Sorry for the lack of updates! There's so much to tell, and it continues to build. In short, over the past month:

-I went to Japan twice. Once on purpose, the other time for a two day/one night visa run. Hiroshima, Kyoto, and Osaka are awesome, and have only confirmed my love for Japan further! More to come with pictures.

-I did an overnight Buddhist temple stay. This was also very cool, a day in the life of a monk. I was able to learn a bit about the Korean style of Buddhism.

-My friend Geoff's contract finished and he's back in Canada. Korea isn't the same without him.

-North Korea got all crazy with some nuke tests. There isn't a state of panic here, but we're sort of awaiting the next moves (along with the rest of the world).

-I only have 11 teaching days left!! November 3, my cousin Heidi is flying to Seoul. We are going to Beijing for a week and then Thailand for a week. What a great adventure before I come home on November 20!!

This weekend I plan to sit down and write some longer entries about the experiences I've had lately. Stay tuned...... Cheers!

1 Comments:

Blogger Derek said...

FINALLY some updates! Glad to hear you're enjoying yourself so much. Say "hi" to cousin Heidi for me. I believe we met at your place one time.

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home