Sunday, January 21, 2007

Master Plan




Well, I finally decided on one of the university jobs in Korea that I was mulling over. I will be starting work at a university in Seoul starting March 1, but I'll be leaving to go back February 10 so I can get settled in and adjust to jetlag before I start working.
My job has 2 parts. I will be teaching english to university students for 6 hours a week, and the rest of the time (I don't know how much yet) I will be an advisor at the Center for Teaching and Learning. I'm really excited about this because advising was always something I thought would be cool to get into. I really like working with people one-on-one. This advising position also includes giving one or two workshops/presentations a month to the other English instructors and English course students.
I am really excited about this job. It sounds like it leaves a lot of room for creativity on my part and flexibility. Another great thing about it is that it has 8 weeks of vacation! Yeah! So more traveling is in my future (did you have any doubts?)
Another cool thing is that the university has a beautiful campus. There are so many cherry blossom trees that they have a cherry blossom festival every spring. Here are some pics I pulled off the web. It's also very close to where I lived/worked last year, except a little bit closer to downtown (which is good). Since the city takes about 2 hours to cross by subway, I'm really glad I'll be close to my friends and familiar parts of the city!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home