Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Last Days in the States





I had a great last week in the States! First, I went to a Korean restaurant on Milwaukee's east side with some of my friends, cousins, and brothers. It's called Han Kuk Kwan, and they actually make really good Korean food! We ate dinner there, and we tried a lot of things (my favorite dishes in Korea). Everyone really liked their food. We talked a lot to our waitresses and found out that at 10:30 pm, the restaurant turns into a noraebang! This is a dream come true for me. For those of you who aren't hip to the lingo, a noraebang is a Korean style singing room. It's like karaoke, but in Korea, you and your friends get your own little room to sing in so you don't have to share it with strangers. Unfortunately the restaurant didn't have a bunch of little rooms, but there weren't many people there so it worked out just fine. My friends and I were the only people there initially, so we dominated the mic. The songs were an array of English and Korean songs (it's actually the same song book that they have in Seoul). A little later a bunch of Koreans in their 20's came in for a birthday party so they were singing Korean songs and mingling with us. I felt like I was back in Korea with all my friends! It was awesome!! We were also drinking Korean beer (Hite, OB) and Korean liquor (soju). It was a great last weekend out! Here are some pics.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why does Brian Joyce always have the same look on his face whenever photographed? It's creepy.

1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home