Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Back in the land of the sweet potato latte


That's right, you read correctly. Koreans looooove sweet potatoes. I thought I'd seen it all when sweet potato came atop my pizza (along with corn), but I was wrong. Standing in line at a coffee shop ("coppee shop-uh" to the Korean tongue) today, I saw nothing other than an ad for a sweet potato latte. What WILL they think of next???

Another oddity at the coppee shop---they will not, for the life of them, fill your cup to the brim. There's always a good inch and a half of emptiness in the cup. Now why did I just pay $3 for half of a Cafe Mocha? I asked a Korean friend, and she said "It's our culture not to fill the cup." Sigh. Some things I'll just never understand. This photo shows my newly purchased mocha, before taking a sip. That's right. Fill 'er up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home