Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Hoegi-dong

I'm settled into my new neighborhood. It's called Hoegi-dong (or "the Hoe", as my ever-so-creative friends like to call it). It's a 10 minute walk from work, and because I work at a university, I live in a university neighborhood. Fantastic! I have all the restaurants, bars, cafes, shops, and whatever else you can think of outside my front door. Plus, I can actually see the subway station from my window. This is a big deal because last year I had to walk 10 minutes from the subway to get to my apartment. It's ever-so convenient. I have a supermarket and a cheon won (dollar) store directly across the street. In this next shot you can see my apartment building. Look for the tall one in the middle that says "Osvill" (you can click on the picture to make it bigger). That's my building. I live on the 6th floor. And look! It's right next to Pivo Skybar. How convenient. There's also a noraebang right next to the entrance of my building. It's fate.
Down below you can see the entrance gate to my university. I walk through it everyday. My work building is right on the other side. My office and my classrooms are in the same building.

Although I've only worked about a week and a half at my new job, I think I'm going to like it. I have 2 classes (that each meet twice a week), and the students have been really great so far. It's SO nice not to have to worry about discipline like last year. These are actually mature-ish university students! In addition to teaching, I'm advising. This entails meeting one-on-one with students and Korean professors who are teaching or taking TTE (Teaching Through English) classes. I help them with their writing, speaking skills, and teaching/learning strategies. I'm also developing some workshops for them to get some hands-on experience. It's pretty cool so far.

Oh, and did I mention that I get 8 weeks of vacation? Alright, I'll shut up now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Derek said...

Glad to hear that you made it back there safe and sound and also that you're enjoying the new job!

6:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi... I was see ur write... And i think the sky bar is good but the waitress so cold... Hmmmm

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home